This is a full-time position with core hours of work being normal business hours. However, this position does require schedule flexibility to meet the Simulator utilization demand which could include evenings, weekends and/or holidays. This position is located at RWA headquarters in Bay City, WI and reports to the Director of Training.
Assist or perform tasks to maintain the Level D Flight Simulator to meet and comply with regulatory and company standards, so that the Simulator is ready to support all scheduled training/checkride events. This shall also require the Sim Tech to perform the required pre-flight and Daily Function Checks. When a problem arises, the Sim Tech shall conduct the necessary corrective actions, including Troubleshooting and Repair, and occasionally interface with the manufacture or vendor, in a timely manner to return the Sim back to service in the shortest time possible. The Sim Tech shall perform all required updates. The Sim Tech shall provide total Customer Care that includes housekeeping duties, and occasionally assist the Training Department by operating the Instructor Operator Station.
- Strong Computer Repair Skills
- Strong troubleshooting aptitude
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical manuals and diagrams
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude including troubleshooting skills
- Focus on Safety
- Strong work ethic
- Comfortable working on ladders with no fear of heights
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed
- Attention to punctuality and reliability
- Willingness to work weekends, nights, and holidays when necessary
- Aircraft maintenance experience
- A few logged hours of flight experience
- Previous Sim or CPT Tech Experience, specifically on a Level D Simulator
Our ideal candidate will, possess a good demeanor, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, be self-starting during the course of individual work, and enjoy the opportunity to work in a team environment.