As an Aircraft Upholstery Specialist at Red Wing Aviation (RWA), you will be responsible to perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and aircraft specifications.
This position reports to the Director of Maintenance.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position, and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Position is located at RWA headquarters in Bay City, WI.
Employee status in this position is non-exempt (hourly).
- Complete interior work on general aviation Aircraft in 145 repair station.
- Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and aircraft specifications.
- Fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
- Complete specific installation and trim tasks in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and bind carpets and cover bulkheads.
- Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation
- Painting as required
- Wash, clean, dust, restore, stock wax, polish and detail all areas of RWA aircraft
- Utilize everyday cleaning agents, chemicals and equipment to ensure the aircraft cleanliness meets expectations
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is not responsible for managing or hiring of other employees.
Required Education and Experience
- Industrial and/or aircraft sewing and seat upholstery experience.
- Experience with basic upholstery and sewing techniques and practices.
- Experience using basic measuring tools and performing basic math functions.
- Experience using Industrial sewing machines.
- High School Diploma
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license
- The ability to read and interpret instructions
- Operate hand tools
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid U.S. Passport or ability to obtain one
- Completion of pre-employment drug screening
- FBI fingerprinting background check (NATA)